“Casting a ballot is just the start. The most important office in a democracy is not president, or prime minister, or chancellor, or governor, or mayor. It’s citizen. Change happens because citizens are mobilized and force change.” – President Barack Obama
How to Register to Vote
To vote in November, you must be registered by October 5th.
You’ve got three options for registering:
- Online – Head over to the GoVoteTN.com site here to register.
- By Mail – Print the voter registration form here and send it in by mail.
- In-Person – Stop by 208 Davidson Street East Room 106 here in Fayetteville. The Election Commission is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. You can fill out the registration form there.
Check Your Voter Registration
Head over to GoVoteTN.com to find info on your polling place as well as check your registration. You can also stop by the Election Commission at 208 Davidson Street East – Room 106.
How to Vote
Head over to GoVoteTN.com to find info on your polling place.Polls are open from 9am to 7pm on election day. If you’re in line at 7pm, stay in line and vote.
Make sure to bring a valid photo ID. Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee driver license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- United States Military photo ID
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or Tennessee state government are NOT acceptable. This includes county or city issued photo IDs, such as library cards, and photo IDs issued by other states.
Need help getting a valid ID? We can help you get one.
Need a ride to the polls? We can help with that too.